Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Greetings from Comicland!

Hi All!

J. R. here, your humble comic peon.  I wanted to (re) introduce myself, give you an idea of what I like, and ask a business question.

First, since I will be reviewing comics in the future, it would be helpful to give you an idea of what, and who, I like.  The regular comics I read and most enjoy are CAPTAIN AMERICA, ALL STAR WESTERN (DC), USAGI YOJIMBO, ATOMIC ROBO, LOONEY TUNES (Um, for my kid. Honest), and WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN.  I also pick up pretty much everything drawn by Chris Samnee or Francesco Francavilla.  My go-to writers to get are Paul Tobin, Jeff Parker, Ed Brubaker, and Kelly Sue DeConnick.  I also think Greg Pak is a great writer, and better guy (he's been very kind to our shop, so we promote his stuff as much as we can).

So, hopefully that gives you at least an idea of my likes for when you read my reviews to decide if I am full of it or not.  (By the way, if you want to know what I don't like, ask me when you come to the shop.  I don't like to broadcast my dislikes publicly because they are someone's favorites...)

(Oh, and my favorite characters are the aforementioned Robo, Usagi, and Bucky/Winter Soldier.)

So that's me, now for my question:  We are closed Mondays.  If possible, would a "by appointment" kind of schedule for Mondays work for you guys?  Basically, you could email a day in advance, and if we are able to open the shop for you, we will.  Let me know by emailing JR at GAMEONCOMICS dot COM.

Gotta run...  New comics are for sale now!

See you all soon,

J. R.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, thanks! Store looks lovely. Next time I'm in Virginia visiting my dad, I'd love to come by and see if for myself.

    ReplyDelete